- Substance: Bis(2‐ethylhexyl) phthalate (di(2‐ethylhexyl) phthalate), DEHP)
- CAS / EC: 117-81-7 / 204-211-0
- Registration type: standard substance, over 1000 t/y.
SU - Sector of use category
PROC - Process category
PC – Chemical product category
AC - Article Category
ERC - Environmental release category
Bis(2-‐ethylhexyl) phthalate is listed in Annex XIV of REACH regulation, i.e. list of substances subject to authorisation. Grupa Azoty ZAK S.A. submitted authorisation application, which covers 2 use:
- Formulation of DEHP in compounds, dry-‐ blends and Plastisol formulations. Information on ECHA’s website..
- Industrial use in polymer processing by calendering, spread coating, extrusion, injection moulding to produce PVC articles [except erasers, sex toys, small household items (Information on ECHA’s website..
We believe that efforts and time which were spent on preparation of documentation will lead to positive decision and authorisation will be granted. In turn, this will allow our downstream uses to continue to use the substance after February 2015.